Congratulations again on your acceptance to Providence High School!
Your first official event as Pioneers will be Course Selection on Saturday, April 8th. If you have not already scheduled your appointment, please do so at this site: Course Selection Appointment. If you cannot make the April 8th event, contact me for an alternate appointment date.
At Course Selection, you and your student will:
- Turn in any outstanding paperwork: immunization records, emergency cards, documentation.
- Decide which World Language to take: Which World Language is for You?
- Decide which Fine Art to take first - Choir, Drama, Intro. to Art, or Ceramics: Visual or Performing Arts?
- Review your child’s HSPT scores & tentative courses, including placement in English or Biology Honors.*
*Placement in Honors Math courses is determined by our PHS Math Placement Test on April 29th @ 9:00am. All incoming freshmen are required to take the Math Placement Test on April 29th to ensure that they are enrolled in the appropriate level of our math curriculum here at Providence High School.
Additional information and representatives available at Course Selection on April 8th:
- Dennis Uniforms Representative
- Parent Board table for Spirit Wear
- Summer School Registration
- Financial Aid & Giving, Mrs. Vickie Bagwell
- Focus Program Directors
- Athletic Director, Mr. Andrew Bencze
- Performing Arts
You are also cordially invited to join us for our Family Mass on Sunday, April 30th, 2017 as we welcome our new families and celebrate our current juniors’ rite of passage in becoming the leaders of our school community. If you’re interested in attending our Family Mass, please RSVP here: Family Mass April 30th, 2017
Thank you for embarking on this journey with us as partners in the academic, spiritual, and social development of your child. You have entrusted us with what is most important and most precious to you. Know that we take that responsibility and commitment very seriously. On a personal note, I look forward to getting to know your whole family over the course of the next four years.
Welcome to the Pioneer Family!
Yours in Providence,
Dean of Studies
Providence High School
YOU BELONG HERE.
818-846-8141 ext. 14115