In early June 2021, Providence High School announced their revised dress code policy. The policy revisions were a collaborative effort and partnership between Providence students, Administration, and our Equity and Social Justice Taskforce. Read the full announcement.
The Providence High School Uniform & Dress Code encourages student choice, self-awareness, and personal responsibility. Providence High School believes student attire in a learning environment should be comfortable and safe for all students, while maintaining, supporting, and encouraging the Providence brand.
Guiding Principles of Student Attire
Group 1 Vendors
BSN Spirit Store or PHS class, club, SLO, athletic team, focus program, campus store, or other approved PHS organization.
Group 2 Vendors
Dennis Uniforms, Old Navy, Target, Wal-Mart, JC Penney. Other stores upon request and as approved by administration.
Dress Code Policy
All attire must be in good condition, clean, modest, presentable, non-revealing, and without any holes.
Only PHS tops with an approved PHS logo purchased from a Group 1 vendor or Dennis Uniforms. These include t-shirts, polo shirts, sweatshirts, sweaters, and jackets.
Allowable Shoes, Socks, & Hats
- Closed-toed athletic or dress shoes, with socks.
- Hats, beanies, and other headgear with an approved PHS logo purchased from a Group 1 vendor.
- Any permissible head attire must allow the face to be visible to faculty/staff and must not interfere with the line of sight of any student or faculty/staff. Exceptions will be made for medical/health and religious reasons.
- Denim Pants: Blue or Black jeans purchased from a Group 2 vendor.
- Non-Denim Pants: Khaki or Black colored cotton pants purchased from a Group 2 vendor.
- Skirts/Skorts: Khaki or Black colored cotton skirts/skorts purchased from Dennis Uniforms.
- Sweats/Shorts: : Shorts, sweats with an approved PHS logo purchased from a Group 1 vendor or plain Khaki, Black cotton or Denim shorts purchased from a Group 2 vendor.
Allowable Hairstyles & Facial Hair
- Clean and neatly styled hair.
- Facial hair neatly trimmed is permitted.
The Providence High School Administration reserves the right to adjust this policy.
(e.g. field trips, dances, free dress days, Mass days, Pioneer Day, Theme Day, etc.).
Administrative interpretation for this policy shall be considered final.
For more information, please contact
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.