Dear Providence Parents and Guardians,
We are excited to announce that our phased return to campus begins today as we welcome faculty onto our campus after more than a year of teaching our students remotely. Since our email on March 4, hospitalizations and test positivity have improved dramatically and guidance from the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (LACDPH) has been updated, allowing us to start this process sooner than anticipated.
A lot of details will be communicated in the coming days. This message gives you the most important information so you can make an informed decision about your child’s experience for the remainder of this semester. For further details, please review our Providence Safe Return Plan (SRP). Our SRP is designed to offer the greatest amount of detail regarding plans for the rest of this school year. From virus mitigation to dress code, drop-off procedures to COVID testing protocols, our SRP is the first place to go when you have questions. As the pandemic shifts and public health guidance continues to change, so will our SRP. Rest assured that we will meet or exceed all CDC and LACDPH standards for safely reopening schools. The SRP and additional information can also be found in our Update Center.
In addition to sharing training videos and summaries of critical information in the coming days, we are also hosting parent/guardian meetups to answer your questions live. Invitations are at the end of this email.
All families have the option to keep their children at home learning remotely for the remainder of the school year without penalty or adverse effect. If you choose our Providence on-campus learning experience, we need to know as soon as possible. All families must inform us of their choice via the survey at the end of this email by 12:00 noon on Wednesday, March 24. If you have more than one child currently enrolled at Providence, please fill out the survey separately for each of your children.
ON-CAMPUS LEARNING OPTION
- The BOLD daily schedule of green & white block rotations remains the same.
- Students come to campus one day per week by grade level (called a “stable group”)
- Students attend their different classes in a hybrid model.
- Providence defines hybrid instruction as a portion of students learning live in-class while the remaining students simultaneously learn remotely in real-time.
- Sometimes students will be in a classroom with their teacher live. Sometimes teachers will be in another space designated for teaching that allows them to remove their masks.
- Depending on how many families opt for our Providence on-campus learning experience, larger class sections may take place in adjacent classrooms (with the teacher moving from one to the other) to accommodate current physical distancing requirements.
- Students may choose to return to remote learning after choosing the on-campus experience, but only once. Students cannot flip back and forth.
REMOTE LEARNING OPTION
- Students remain learning from home in our BOLD schedule.
- There is no change to the current learning experience.
- The choice to remain remote is permanent for this school year once selected.
Below is the first two weeks of our return-to-campus schedule for students:
|Monday, March 29||All Students||Remote from Home|
|Tuesday, March 30||Class of 2021||Welcome & Orientation*|
|Wednesday, March 31||Class of 2021||Hybrid Instruction|
|Thursday, April 1||Class of 2021||Hybrid Instruction|
|April 2 - April 11||Campus Closed||Easter Break Begins|
|Monday, April 12||All Students||Remote from Home|
|Tuesday, April 13||Class of 2024||Welcome & Orientation*|
|Wednesday, April 14||Class of 2023||Welcome & Orientation*|
|Thursday, April 15||Class of 2022||Welcome & Orientation*|
|Friday, April 16||Class of 2021||Hybrid Instruction|
The official school calendar will be updated this week to reflect the above schedule and a new rotation for hybrid instruction that will begin after our Welcome & Orientation Days. No changes will be made to the BOLD schedule already in place for this semester. Community Connections Mondays, starting Monday, April 19, may involve additional opportunities for students to engage in on-campus activities with their grade level.
Los Angeles County Department of Public Health’s current advisory regarding travel indicates that a 10-day quarantine is required after return to Los Angeles County after traveling outside California, even if you are fully vaccinated and have a negative COVID-19 test upon return. It is critical that we abide by this order to avoid jeopardizing our reopening efforts throughout the county. All families are asked to avoid traveling outside of the State of California until LACDPH lifts or adjusts its advisory.
We recognize that the best decision for some families will be to remain remote and we look forward to welcoming you back to campus in the Fall. For those of you who opt for our on-campus experience for the remainder of this semester, we cannot wait to see you in person.
Please complete the survey sent to your parent/guardian email by noon this Wednesday, March 24, for each child enrolled at Providence High School. Please consult our Providence Safe Return Plan (SRP) for detailed information.
Class of 2021 Parent/Guardian Meet-Up
Monday, March 22, 6:30-7:30 pm
The meeting link can be found in your email.
Classes of 2022, 2023, and 2024 Parent/Guardian Meet-Up
Tuesday, March 23, 6:30-7:30 pm
The meeting link can be found in your email.
Head of School
Assistant Head of School
Dean of Studies
Dean of Students